Welcome to World Poetry Canada International Peace and Human Rights Exhibition February 3-March 30th, Irving K. Barber Learning Centre, University of British Columbia, Canada.
This exhibition features a blend of photography, poetry, and films. World Poetry began in 1997. Its goal was to give recognition and support to multicultural and multilingual poets and writers and those in artistic disciplines.
It is a special group with the goal of bringing out the voices of those who need to be heard, in respect, honour, support, peace and love. It is a unique society that welcomes and supports more than 10,000 participants from around the world under the umbrella of the World Poetry Reading Series Society:
- World Poetry New Westminster and World Poetry Vancouver, monthly events at the New Westminster Public Library and the Britannia Branch, Vancouver Public Library
- World Poetry Youth Team
- World Poetry Facebook groups
- World Poetry Canada International Peace and Human Rights Festivals
- World Poetry Special Events, Film festivals, Peaceathon, Poetathon
- World Poetry Peaceathon: 52 countries from around the world
- World Poetry Cafe Radio Show airs every Thursday afternoon from 1-2 PM on Coop Radio (CFRO 102.7 FM) with national and international guests
- World Poetry website
- World Poetry Canada International Outreach
- World Poetry Partnerships in Canada and around the World
- World Poetry Youth Directors and Advisors
Links from selected Peaceathon partners on World Peace Day, September 21st when 52 countries participated: