World Poetry Call for Poems for the World Poetry International Festival!
Please send a one page poem in English and another language for our festival (two pages) if another language is added.
World Poetry is bringing together International Poets from India, Japan, Mongolia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, China and the US. Local multicultural poetry groups will be reading, providing a warm welcome. Musicians, dancers and a Gala dinner will also be enjoyed.
- Poem guidelines:
- Poem theme: Multicultural Unity.
- One page only, two pages in another language.
- Deadline: April 30th, 2011.
- Poems need to have copyright © and include the name of poet and country.
- Selected poems will be put on display at the Richmond Cultural Centre during the two day World Poetry International Festival, May 14-15th.
- Classes and schools are welcome to participate.
- Selected poems will be read on the World Poetry Café Radio Show, CFRO, and 102.7 FM in Vancouver British Columbia.
- If you want to have your poem considered as a gift poem for the public, please put your name country and brief bio. We will be giving away 100 hundred “gift poems, rolled up and tied with a ribbon.
- Send the poems to email@example.com
- The last interactive display at the Vancouver Public Library was a great success! Thanks to all participants and supporters. You are the best!