We are excited to announce the Third Annual World Poetry Canada International Peace Festival in 2013 at the magnificent Irving K. Barber Learning Centre at the University of British Columbia!
Our Theme for this Festival: Inspire Peace!
The Festival will feature:
- International guests, local poetry groups, community partners, dancers, musicians, filmmakers and multimedia.
- Display tables, Poetic Necklace display at Ike’s Art Gallery April 4-30th.
- Extra event: World Poetry Youth Peace Poetathon World Wide.
- The World Poetry Canada International Month, April 4-30th with our partner the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre.
- World Poetry National Poetry Month Peace Display plus the large display cases in the library, April 4-30th
- Gift poems!
April 4, Grand Opening: 7-9 pm Tour of Displays, introduction of dignitaries partners, visiting poets, a short film by Neamat Haidari from Afghanistan, Music and dance, Book launch , Refreshments.
Book Launch by Penn Kemp, Jack Layton: Art in Action, 7-9 pm.
April 20, Saturday 1-5 pm Meet and greet, performances and workshops by distinguished poets.
Assistance for International Guests
We can issue invitations, visa help, letters of support and provide some speaking spaces. We are not able to help with air fares, accommodation or other expenses. Due to intense demand., please contact us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The month will be hosted and organized by the World Poetry Youth Team with backup from the World Poetry Board of Directors and dedicated volunteers.
Most events will be at the UBC library, University of British Columbia, 1961 East Mall Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1, Canada www.ikebarberlearningcentre.ubc.ca
Thanks to the hard work of all the festival volunteers, all events are free. If you would like to help with expenses for the festival you can make a donation below:
A receipt will be provided and a letter of thanks.
World Poetry would like to acknowledge the following partners and sponsors in kind for the World Poetry Canada International Peace Festival:
|Exclusive Media Sponsor