Ariadne’s Notes: On December 1, 1:00 pm. PST, CFRO 100.5 FM, Hosts Ariadne Sawyer and Neall Ryon with super engineer, Victor Schwartzman and volunteer Sharon Rowe welcomed the talented and shinning light in the world Human Rights Advocate Alaha Ahrar, Afghanistan and the US, World Poetry Canada International ‘s first Youth Director and creator of The Universal Manifesto of Protection of Women against Sexual Violence, Sexual Assault, and Sexual Harassment. We also had peace gift e-poems from Wida and Mal plus a phone in call from Laura Kelsey featuring her digital book fundraiser for women’s shelters, 12dresses.
Ms. Alaha Ahrar is a Human Rights Activist. She is one of the Board of Directors for the Afghan Women’s Writing Project (AWWP), one of the Directors of International World Poetry Youth Team, Canada and a writer and reporter for Peace X Peace Organization, Washington, DC and Banu Magazine in Europe. Ms. Ahrar graduated from University of Mary Washington with a triple major; A BA in Human Rights, a BA in Political Science and a BA in International Affairs; she also completed a certificate program in Middle Eastern Studies. Ahrar is multilingual and has excellent computer skills. She has had numerous certificates, such as Certificate of Domestic Violence Tier one and Tier two in 2014, from Fairfax County, Virginia. Certificate of CHOICES, Life Skill’s New Training from Catholics for Housing, Virginia in 2014, Certificate of Appreciation in 2013 from Diplomatic Language Services (DLS), Arlington, Virginia, Certificate of Recognition in 2012 from the Embassy of Afghanistan, Washington, DC, Certificate of Excellence and Dedication in 2012 by the Initiative to Educate Afghan Women, USA, Certificate of Leaders for America and Global from Howard University in 2012 and Certificate of Appreciation from Peace.
The Universal Manifesto of Protection of Women against Sexual Violence, Sexual Assault, and Sexual Harassment.
• “In every border of every country, regardless of the women’s immigration status, women should be protected against sexual violence, sexual harassment and sexual assault.
• Every country should conduct educational trainings and awareness for military police officers, educational institutions, different organizations and public that respecting reputation of all women globally as well as the protection of their belongings and bodies are the priority.
• Educating individuals and families of their own internal roles, consciousness and responsibilities to refrain from any act which is going to sexually or physically assault or harass women.
• Women should feel safe and sound anywhere in any corner of the world.
• The exchange of Women Slaves for Sex should be banned all over the world. Whoever, takes part in any of these sorts of activities should be considered criminal and should be sentenced for a series of jail time.
• Eliminate the roots of sexual violence, sexual assault and sexual harassment of women by creating and conducting prevention classes, trainings as well as some different series of short TV shows, advertisements by some influential and well-known individuals and TV stars.
• Educating the nations by explaining their key roles and power in stopping sexual violence, sexual harassment and sexual assault of women internationally.
• People in power must not misuse their power and influence to take advantage of disadvantaged women.
• A greater punishment and penalty for the educated individuals in any educational institutions, organizations or in public, who intentionally or unintentionally assault or harass women through their behavior.
• Informing and educating the illiterate and uninformed people of their rights and the subsequences of violations of the rules and laws.
• Empowering women globally by educating and teaching them to have the courage of saying no and stop.
• There is no law in some underdeveloped countries yet to protect woman or to support the victims of Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment. There should be an international law to protect women internationally.
• The United Nations should create and implement very strict laws and penalties to prohibit sexual Violence, Sexual Harassment and Sexual Assault of women internationally in higher education institutions, in or outside their houses and their countries.
By, Alaha Ahrar (C) All rights reserved.
She is also a poet and writer and was awarded the Best Poet of the Year 2011 for Afghanistan and the United States in Canada. She was also appointed as the Ambassador of Youth and Peace for Afghanistan in 2011. She is interested in human rights, politics, international relations development, poetry, social justice and public speaking.
Human Rights Activist
Board of Directors
Afghan Women’s Writing Project &
The Director of International World Poetry, Youth Team Canada
An absolute Failure is when one doesn’t have any desire, hope or reason to live. It is hope that makes us work hard and becomes a reason to live. Then let’s create hope! A. A